Lloydminster Area Drug Strategy © 2011 | Website: Big Sky Multimedia
Production of this website has been made possible through a financial contribution from Health Canada.
The views expressed herein do not necessarily represent the views of Health Canada.
TheLCYC YouTube Channel
Above the Influence
No Fun Being Dead
Being a teen or young adult can be tough sometimes. Keeping up your grades, dealing with friends, busy schedules, maybe stress at home and media influences can make you feel pressure from all sides.
Sometimes people abuse drugs and alcohol when they are stressed, angry or depressed. Learning ways to deal with the pressures around you in healthy ways is important in protecting yourself and your friends from substance abuse.
- Getting the Facts: Learn about the causes of substance abuse and the effects of drugs and alcohol on your body and your mind.
- Peer Pressure: Peer pressure is one of the leading causes of substance abuse in youth. Learn ways to deal with negative peer pressure and how to create positive peer pressure within your group or school. Learn to recognize media influences, too.
- Positive Choices: Making the right choices goes a long way in preventing substance abuse.
- In Your School: Keeping your school free from drugs and alcohol is a great way to take action against substance abuse and to keep you and your friends safe, too.
- The Lloydminster Community Youth Centre: If you're feeling lonely or bored, don't turn to drugs and alcohol. Go check out the Lloydminster Community Youth Centre instead. Meet new people and take part in fun activities.
- Getting Help: Do you, or someone close to you, have a substance abuse problem? Find out how to spot drug and alcohol addiction and how to receive treatment.
For further help or information, please go to our Contact page to find an agency that can address your concerns and provide needed services.